Name: Sterling Proctor Jr.
- The closest I felt to God in my life was….(finish the sentence)
When my Oncologist notified me and stated that instead of completing 6 months of Chemotherapy, I only have to complete 3 months of Chemotherapy because 3 months of Chemotherapy is now equivalent to 6 months; especially when I only had two more treatments to complete 3 months.
- If you could thank God for just one incident in your life what would it be and why?
Wow, so many incidents in my life in which God was watching over me. I thank God for promoting me to a leadership position on my current job when the selecting official wanted to promote someone else. God has a way with people; the selecting official had made his mind up that he was going to select someone else until he went home that night. That’s when God showed up and showed him my name and my face and the next day the selecting official called me and stated that he was going to select me because it was the right thing to do.
- If you could name a turning point in your life with your relationship with God what would it be and why?
The turning point in my life was when I was dealing with infidelity issues and not being faithful to my marital commitment. When I almost lost everything, my wife, my children, my home, but God is the reason that my wife and I are still together and will see 30 years of marriage in January of 2021, if it’s God’s will.
- What have you learned through your testimony?
What I learned is to walk with the Lord God in every aspect of my life. To trust God, and know that God is in control. I also learned that with God all things are possible. With that being said I never thought that my wife and I would make it this far. Especially with the direction that our marriage headed.
- Did you face any mental barriers? If so, what were they and how did you overcome them?
No, I did not really face any mental barriers. I just had to really know what I wanted for my life.
- What specific bible verse helped you through?
The Book of John Chapter 15 :1-17
- If there was one thing you would tell yourself 10 years ago what would it be?
I would tell myself to find role models that are trustworthy, respectful, and God Fearing who loves the word of God to follow as an example.